Compression Extension System
TO REDUCE THORACIC KYPHOSIS AND ANTERIOR HEAD POSTURE WHILE INCREASING CERVICAL LORDOSIS AND ANTERIOR THORACIC CAGE TRANSLATION, SOME MUST PUSH AND SOME MUST PULL.
The effective, corrective stretch provided by the Denneroll Compression Extension device can be used to optimize both posture and curvature of the cervical and thoracic spines.
Compatible with both the Thoracic Denneroll and the Thoracic Retrainer, the Denneroll Compression Extension System can relieve pain and muscle tension while contributing to improved health. This system can contribute to the reduction of posterior thoracic cage translation, increase thoracic kyphosis, correct anterior head posture, and reduce cervical lordosis.
The Denneroll Compression Extension System is uniquely versatile and easily portable.
The main features of this Denneroll Compression Extension System include and allow for:
- Contoured thoracic and lumbar base for patient comfort and for a consistent placement of the unit.
- The Thoracic Denneroll to effectively target posterior thoracic translation and increased thoracic kyphosis.
- Note that changing the apex of the Thoracic spine contact with the peak of the Thoracic Denneroll allows customized fit to the individual patient’s needs and their spine.
- High quality non-slip compression band allows for customized tension with an easily adjustable slide through a professional looking and durable aluminum support bar at the base of the unit.
The recommended types of patient cases and presentation for this orthotic system include (for more information –DOCTORS ONLY– please email us and ask for the user instruction guide):
- Posterior thoracic translation relative to the pelvis,
- Increased mid and/or upper thoracic kyphosis,
- Anterior head posture greater than 25mm (approximately),
- Loss of the normal cervical lordosis with an increased C7 posterior body tangent angle relative to vertical (refer to the CBP ideal spine model values in user instruction guide),
- Rounded-protracted shoulder girdle and scapular region.
Size of the Denneroll Compression Extension System
The thoracic support block is approximately 50mm in height (2 inches). The block comes with a 20mm elevation block that is designed to be used underneath the support block when more elevation is needed. When used in combination, the two blocks total 70mm and create a significant anterior translation of the thoracic cage. The Thoracic Denneroll and/or the Thoracic Retrainer is designed to fit centered on the support block and can be adjusted superiorly or inferiorly depending on where the patient needs dictate. The exact location of the thoracic Denneroll for a specific patient should be marked with a permanent marker for ease of application.
Figure 1. The Denneroll Compression Extension system consists of:
- Thoracic Support,
- Thoracic Denneroll or a Retrainer,
- Professional aluminum support bar,
- Durable compression strap-band,
- Non-slip forehead pad.
WARNING: Certain conditions can contribute to increased risk of injury during cervical extension traction. If you experience any unusual symptoms including, but not limited to; increased pain, dizziness, headache, nausea, numbness, visual disturbances, muscle weakness, loss of coordination or function, please consult your spinal health professional before further use.
When lying on the Denneroll, it is best to keep your legs flat for the most effect on the Lumbar spine. However, at first for patient comfort and tolerance, the knees can be bent.